Our specialty trained Registered Nurses perform foot and nail care for high-risk patients and those who are unable to adequately care for their own feet. These Registered Nurses have extensive experience, knowledge, and assessment skills to care for your feet and nails to help prevent painful and costly foot wounds.
Do you suffer from any of the following conditions?
- Diabetes with neuropathy
- Thickened toenails
- Painful feet, toes, or toenails
- Limited mobility
- Previous foot wounds
- Poor eye sight
- Joint pain/arthritis
- Other physical and cognitive disabilities
If so, you would likely benefit from this service!
What to Expect
Appointment Times: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Western Wisconsin Health Specialty Care/Ambulatory Services
Check-in: Clinic Reception Desk
A referral from your provider is required for this service. Please speak with your Primary Care Provider at your next visit, or if you would like additional assistance with the process, please call 715-684-1232. We do accept outside referrals.
Please note that your insurance company will be billed for the professional service received. If you are unsure if your insurance will cover the service, please call them to check coverage prior to your appointment.
What to expect at your appointment with the foot and nail care nurse:
- Assessment of foot and nails by a trained RN
- Trimming and management of the nails
(including thick, hard nails or nails with fungus)
- Treatment of corns or calluses
- Foot cleansing and lotion application
- Recommendations for any special treatments that may be indicated
- Referral to a Podiatrist or Family Practice Physician, as needed
- Ideas for proper treatment of dry, scaly, or thick skin
- Recommendations for arch support, bunions, hammer toes, corns, calluses, and other foot conditions
Please call 715-684-1232 to schedule your appointment today!