The Anticoagulation Management Service at Western Wisconsin Health provides patient-centered care to patients on anticoagulation medications. Anticoagulants or blood thinners are medications used to treat or prevent blood clots. Pharmacists and registered nurses specially trained in anticoagulation therapy monitor and adjust your anticoagulation medications for the period of time you need anticoagulation therapy.
Benefits of AMS:
- Anticoagulation therapy education
- Finger stick testing available
- Monitoring of blood test results and medication dosing
- Dosage adjustments and follow up appointments in person and in writing
- Studies have shown this type of service leads to better control and fewer complications
Your provider will refer you to the service. The AMS staff will call you to arrange your first appointment.