The Day of Surgery
When coming for surgery, please enter through the emergency department entrance. Please check-in at the reception desk. Our staff will keep friends and family members informed throughout their visit. Family-friendly waiting areas are available for visitors.
- Please wear comfortable and loose clothing that will be easy to put on and take off.
- Please do not wear any makeup, jewelry or fingernail polish.
- Bring all insurance cards, picture ID and any credit cards needed for payment with you on the day of surgery.
- Remember not to eat or drink anything for 8 hours before your scheduled arrival time.
- Bring a complete list of your medications including: name, dose, and reason you take it.
What Happens After The Procedure?
After your surgical procedure, you will be taken to the recovery room where you will be under observation until you are awake and prepared for discharge or brought to your hospital room to continue recovery.
Surgeries can last from 30 minutes to several hours. We provide several amenities to help make your wait time pass more quickly.
- Comfortable and spacious waiting spaces
- Free public Wi-Fi
- Retail Pharmacy & Health Shop
- The Eatery (Pulic Cafe’ and Vending)
- Meditation Room
After Discharge at Home
When you return home, you should follow your physician’s instructions on diet, activity, and medications. It is common to feel dizzy or sleepy for several hours and you should feel more like yourself in 24-48 hours.
It is suggested that you rest the remainder of the day and do not drink alcoholic beverages for the rest of the day or night. We also recommend that you do not operate any motor vehicles or heavy machinery for 24 hours.
If you have any questions or are concerned about your progress, you should not hesitate to contact your physician. If you are unable to locate your physician, please feel free to contact the surgical services department for assistance at 715-684-1313.