Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Western Wisconsin Health! Our volunteers are an extended part of our staff and are a reflection of who we are as an organization. Your time and dedication enhances the quality of care we can provide to those we serve. Volunteering at Western Wisconsin Health is an opportunity for you to share your time and talents, develop new skills, learn about a variety of health care professions, and meet new friends. Our volunteers are an integral part of our mission to build a healthier tomorrow and we are so grateful for their dedication and hearts.
VOLUNTEER RETURN TO SERVICE IS NOW OPEN. A few additional requirements are included below along with a list of updated volunteer roles. Thank you for your patience over the last year. We are excited to have our amazing volunteers come back starting in May!
To become a Western Wisconsin Health volunteer:
- Complete our volunteer application (must be at least 16). Click here to submit your application.
- Due to COVID-19 and for the safety of all, we do respectfully request that all interested volunteer candidates have both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine completed.
- In addition, all volunteers will have to take precautions while volunteering, including but not limited to masking/PPE and additional precautions training.
- After receiving your volunteer application, volunteer services will contact you about next steps.
- If selected for a volunteer position, you will meet with employee health for a brief health screening. This will include a review of your immunizations (MMR, Varicella, COVID-19 and a TB Gold test which is a screening for tuberculosis).
- A criminal background check will be conducted if you are over the age of 18.
- We do ask for a six month commitment.
- Once the prescreening process has been completed, you will be scheduled for a hospital orientation and departmental training. Then you will be ready to begin your volunteer position!
Benefits of being a Western Wisconsin Health Volunteer:
- Flexible Schedule
- Great Staff to work with
- Free gym membership and pool membership
- Discount at the Optical Shop
- Free meal and beverage with any shift worked, coffee too!
- Invitation to special events and recipient of weekly internal newsletter
- Volunteer recognition
Types of Volunteer Positions at Western Wisconsin Health:
- Administration – Support to administrative staff, employee health, occupational health screenings on and off site.
- Community Garden Co-Leads and Helpers – NEW Oversee Community Garden Maintenance to ensure a beautiful, weed free thriving garden May through October.
- COVID Vaccine Clinics – NEW Directing patients at a safe distance to the various stations: education and check in, vaccine booths and observation area.
- Eatery CSA – Community Support Agriculture is available through Western Wisconsin Health with one of our local farmers. Volunteer is outside distributing CSA for registered participants to pick up.
- Fitness Center Instructors – Facilitate classes in studio – yoga, cycling (goal to open in June)
- Hospitality – NEW Duties will include regular daily duties across the organization as well as day of duties. Everything from Patient Activity Bag assembly and Stickering food for the eatery to delivering flowers, attending to the atrium and greeting patients from a distance.
- Knitting, Crocheting and Sewing – Done from home, knitting and crocheting Baby hats and sacs for our birth center along with Cancer Center gloves, hats and scarves. NEW sewing small fidget blankets for our Occupational Therapy Patients. Patterns for baby hats and sacs as well as fidget blankets provided.
- Pet Therapy – Therapy Dogs International Certified teams visiting patients, guests and staff in the atrium. Currently a no touch visit due to COVID. Say hello, see a trick, receive a trading card from your favorite furry animals at WWH!
- Valet Golf Cart Transportation – NEW As patients arrive in the WWH parking lot, our Volunteer golf cart driver will pick our patients up, take them to the building and back to their car after their appointment.
For more information contact Rosa Magnus, Development Manager and Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org