Thank you for your interest in volunteering opportunities at Western Wisconsin Health! Our volunteers are an extended part of our staff and are a reflection of who we are as an organization. Your time and dedication enhances the quality of care we can provide to those we serve. Whether you want to give back to the community, learn about potential career opportunities, or fill your time with purpose and meaning, we welcome you!
Volunteering at Western Wisconsin Health is an opportunity for you to share your time and talents, develop new skills, learn about a variety of health care professions, and meet new friends. Our volunteers are an integral part of our mission to build a healthier tomorrow and we are so grateful for their dedication and hearts.
Please note the following requirements:
To become a Western Wisconsin Health volunteer:
- Complete our volunteer application (must be at least 16). Click here to submit your application.
- For the safety of all, we do respectfully request that all interested volunteer candidates have both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine completed along with boosters. These will need to be on file with our employee health records.
- In addition, all volunteers will have to take precautions while volunteering, including but not limited to hand hygiene, masking/PPE and additional precautions training.
- After receiving your volunteer application, volunteer services will contact you about next steps.
- If selected for a volunteer position, you will meet with employee health for a brief health screening. This will include a review of your immunizations (MMR, Varicella, COVID-19 and a TB Gold test which is a screening for tuberculosis).
- A criminal background check will be conducted if you are over the age of 18.
- We do ask for a six month commitment.
- Once the prescreening process has been completed, you will be scheduled for a hospital orientation and departmental training. Then you will be ready to begin your volunteer position!
Benefits of being a Western Wisconsin Health Volunteer:
- Flexible Schedule
- Great Staff to work with
- Free gym membership and pool membership
- 10% Discount at the Optical and Pharmacy Shop (over the counter)
- Free meal and beverage with any shift worked, coffee/tea too!
- Invitation to special events and recipient of weekly internal newsletter
- Volunteer recognition
Types of Volunteer Positions at Western Wisconsin Health:
- Administration – Support to administrative staff, employee health, occupational health screenings on and off site
- Community Garden – Oversee Community Garden maintenance to ensure a beautiful, weed free thriving garden May through October
- Concierge – Greet and guide guests and patients as they enter WWH. COVID screening questions are no longer asked
- Fitness Center Instructors – Facilitate classes in studio – yoga, cycling
- Knitting, Crocheting and Sewing – Done from home, knitting and crocheting Baby hats and sacs for our birth center along with Cancer Center gloves, hats and scarves Sewing small fidget blankets for our Occupational Therapy Patients. Patterns for baby hats and sacs as well as fidget blankets provided
- Med Surg Hospitality – Helping our nursing team with visitors and other needs within med surg (inpatient area). Eventually will include patient visits.
- Music Appreciation – Playing your stringed instrument in our atrium once a week
- Valet Transportation – As patients pull up to the WWH drive under canopy, our wonderful valet volunteers will provide them with a valet ticket, park their car and upon completion of an appointment, retrieve their car as well.
For more information contact Rosa Magnus, Development Manager and Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org