Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Western Wisconsin Health! Volunteers play an integral part in our success. Your time and dedication enhances the quality of care we can provide. Whether you want to give back to the community, learn about potential career opportunities, or fill your time with purpose and meaning, we welcome you!
To find the best fit for you, we will work with you to match your interests, skills and availability with departments and positions. We offer a variety of flexible and diverse opportunities. Our volunteers assist in many ways. Some interact directly with patients and families; others do not. We have positions that involve a lot of walking and some where you remain in one place for your shift. We work to accommodate your interests and schedule while keeping in mind the needs of our facility.
Volunteering at Western Wisconsin Health is an opportunity for you to share your time and talents, develop new skills, learn about a variety of health care professions, and meet new friends. Our volunteers are an integral part of our mission. They are advocates for our programs and services, and they help us build a healthier community.
To become a Western Wisconsin Health volunteer:
- Complete our volunteer application. Click here for the downloadable version of the application.
- After receiving the application, we will contact you. If your skills and availability meet a need at the hospital, we will schedule an interview.
- If selected for a volunteer position, you will meet with our risk manager for a brief health screening. This will include a review of your immunizations and a Mantoux test (screening for TB).
- A criminal background check will be conducted if you are over the age of 18.
- After completing volunteer orientation, you will be ready to begin your volunteer position.