Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Western Wisconsin Health! Our volunteers are an extended part of our staff and are a reflection of what Western Wisconsin Health is committed to providing to our community with every visit. Your time and dedication enhances the quality of care we can provide to those we serve. Whether you want to give back to the community, learn about potential career opportunities, or fill your time with purpose and meaning, we welcome you!
We work to accommodate your interests and schedule while keeping in mind the needs of our facility. Some volunteer positions work directly with patients while other volunteers are administrative support to the departments. Through the application and interview process we can determine what works best for you.
Volunteering at Western Wisconsin Health is an opportunity for you to share your time and talents, develop new skills, learn about a variety of health care professions, and meet new friends. Our volunteers are an integral part of our mission to build a healthier tomorrow and we are so grateful for their dedication and hearts.
To become a Western Wisconsin Health volunteer:
- Complete our volunteer application. Click here to submit your application.
- After receiving the application, volunteer services will contact you about next steps.
- If selected for a volunteer position, you will meet with our risk manager for a brief health screening. This will include a review of your immunizations and a Mantoux test which is a screening for tuberculosis.
- A criminal background check will be conducted if you are over the age of 18.
- We do ask for a six month commitment.
- Once the prescreening process has been completed, you will be scheduled for a hospital orientation and departmental training. Then you will be ready to begin your volunteer position!
Benefits of being a Western Wisconsin Health Volunteer:
- Flexible Schedule
- Great Staff to work with
- Discounted gym membership with 24/7 access
- Discount at the Health Shop
- Invitation to special events
- Volunteer recognition
Types of Volunteer Positions at Western Wisconsin Health:
- Administration – Support to administrative staff
- Concierge – Greet and escort our guests and patients
- Health Information Management – Medical Records quality assurance
- Fitness Center Playroom – Interact and play with children while the parents are utilizing the fitness center
- Information Technology – Data entry, assistance to department and equipment
- Materials Management – Assistance with supplies for Western Wisconsin Health
- Patient Visitors – Conversation with our patients to pass their time while they are staying at the hospital
- Pet Therapy – Therapy Dogs International Certified teams visiting patients, guests and staff
- Special Events – A variety of events to help with registration and more
- Valet Service – Parking cars for our guests to allow for an easier transition to and from their appointments
For more information contact Rosa Magnus, Development Manager and Volunteer Services at 715-684-1596 or email@example.com