Western Wisconsin Health has specialty trained Registered Nurses that are able to provide many foot and nail care services, from basic nail care, like a simple trim, to advanced treatment. Our nurses have a background in wound management and have extensive experience and assessment skills that can prevent painful and costly foot wounds related to the lack of basic nail care. Our foot and nail care services are ideal for clients who are unable to care for their own feet due to limited mobility, joint pain, arthritis, and many other physical or cognitive disabilities.
The following factors can make proper foot care difficult and sometimes painful:
- Limited mobility
- Poor eyesight
- Thickened nails
- Common fungal infections
- Improper cutting or trimming (which can also lead to painful ingrown nails or infections)
Services are provided on the third Thursday of each month.
Time: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Western Wisconsin Health Wound Care Clinic
What you can expect during your 30 minute appointment:
- Foot and nail cleansing
- Assessment of foot and nail condition by a trained RN
- Trimming of nails (including thick, hard nails or nails with fungus)
- Treatment of corns or calluses
- Application of lotion
- Recommendations for any special treatments that may be needed
- Referral to a Podiatrist or Family Practice Physician, if needed
- Ideas for proper treatment of dry, scaling skin
- Bunion and/or hammer toe padding recommendations
Pre-registration is required.
Please call 715-684-6766 to schedule your 30 minute appointment.