Western Wisconsin Health’s geriatric team provides individualized care for older adults and their unique needs. Our goal is to provide comprehensive and compassionate care in a familiar environment minimizing the need for travel that can often be challenging. Our team provides care and services to patients in assisted livings, nursing homes, and memory care facilities. We are also available to provide consult services to patients who are still residing in their own home.
Below are some examples of the specialized services provided and topics addressed:
- Preventative Health and Health Promotion
- Comprehensive Medical Check-Ups
- Advanced Care Planning and Goals of Care Discussions
- Assistance with common issues related to aging such as changes in mobility, incontinence, hearing/vision issues, psychosocial/emotional support, grief related to losses (widowhood, loss of independence etc.)
- Chronic Disease Management (Diabetes, Heart Disease, COPD, Chronic Kidney Disease etc.)
- Lab Monitoring
- Medication Management and Review
- Routine and as needed visits to help minimize unnecessary ER visits and hospitalizations.
- Assistance with Care Transitions
- Inclusion of patient families and/or Healthcare Power of Attorneys in care when appropriate to further improve person-centered care.
- Dementia Care
- End-of-Life Care
- Palliative Focused Care
- Symptom management
- Pain Management
- Partnerships with other community health care agencies to assist in care (Hospice, Home Health, Therapy services etc.)
Our goal is to help all our patients achieve a healthier mind and body, and especially those navigating this season of life in order to live as well as possible. Call us today for more information and to arrange a visit to further discuss your unique needs.