Starting July 6, the Therapeutic pool will reopen with extended hours of operation:
- Monday, Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- The pool will be limited to 6 people at a time.
- Please call 715-684-1642 to reserve or cancel your appointment.
We want to thank all our members for helping us with our efforts of keeping our friends, family, and community safe and healthy. Thank you for washing down your equipment before and after use. Thank you for wearing your masks. Thank you for respecting social distancing efforts. And thank you for being great members here at WWH Fitness Center.
We have made a few changes to our previous guidelines and have started Phase II of reopening our Fitness Center.
Phase II includes:
- Group Exercise Classes starting Monday June 29.
- Les Mills programs tentatively beginning July 6 (official date TBA pending delivery of equipment).
- New guidelines for outdoor classes which allow members to exercise outside without a mask.
- Zoom Fitness Options.
- July 6, the Therapeutic Pool will allow 6 people max.
o Once you are in the water and in your designated area, you will be allowed to remove your mask.
o You will need to call in advanced to schedule a time and reserve your spot.
- July 6, we will increase the pool hours on Monday and Wednesday to close at 5:30pm.
Our Aquatic Therapy programs consist of a series of progressive physical movements which use the water’s buoyancy and resistance. These movements can be performed with or without aids according to the needs of the individual client.
- 89 to 91 Degree Water Temperature
- 3’6″ to 5’6″ pool depth
- Hoyer lift available
- Assisted changing room
- Two propulsion jets for resisted swimming and water running
- Cushioned pool floor
- Wonderful relaxed atmosphere
- Air Temperature controlled for comfort
- Supervised by caring, competent staff
Age 16 and above may utilize the space without any restrictions during open pool hours.
Age 12-15 must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian who is a Member during open hours only.
**Please note: Aquatic group exercise classes are periodically offered during regular therapeutic pool hours. Please check our events calendar or call 715-684-1646 to check pool availability.**
Therapeutic Pool Membership Fees
Electronic Fund Transfer Rate
This option allows you to pay automatically from a checking or savings account on the 15th of each month.
**Please note: You must provide a 30 day notice to stop payment. EFT is the only way to pay monthly.**
Adult (49 and under): $35
Senior (50+) and Students: $30
Double (2 people related,same household): $50
Family (3 or more, same household): $65
Out Of Pocket Rate
This option allows you to pay for the entire year in one installment.
Adult (49 and under): $29 ($348)
Senior (50+) and Students: $26 ($312)
Double (2 people related, same household): $45 ($540)
Family (3 or more, same household): $60 ($720)
**Please note: Use of the fitness center may be added to any therapeutic pool membership for an additional $15.00 per person, per month.**
$7: Day Pass/Guest Pass
$20: 24/7 Access Card
If you have Medica, Health Partners, Preferred One, Avera Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Fleet Farm, Portico, or UCare you may be eligible to receive a $20.00 reimbursement each month. We also accept Silver & Fit and Active & Fit Direct. Please present your health insurance card for confirmation.
Western Wisconsin Health offers swimming lessons for toddler, preschool, and school age beginners. Lessons are available Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Private lessons available every other Saturday afternoon upon request.
Parent and Child
- Goals are to learn to ask permission when entering/exiting the water and how to perform safely as well as increasing comfort level in the water.
- Introducing movements that are a precursor for stroke development while having fun and being comfortable in the water.
- Minimum age is 6 months.
Preschool Level 1 Exit skills:
- Enter independently, travel 5 yds, submerge mouth and blow bubbles for 3 seconds, and safely exit the water.
- All skills can be performed with support.
- Minimum age of 3
Preschool Level 2 Exit skills:
- Front glide 2 body lengths, roll to back, float 5 sec, recover to standing.
- Back glide 2 body lengths, roll to front, float 5 sec, recover to standing.
- Swim using arms and legs on front 3 body lengths, roll to back, float 5 sec, roll to front and continue swimming on front 3 body lengths.
- All skills can be performed with support.
- Minimum age of 3
Learn to Swim Level 1:
- This level is for children 5 and older who are beginning lessons.
- The skills learned are similar to a combination of those in Preschool levels 1 and 2; however the style of teaching will be more directed toward the learning capabilities of an older child.
Learn to Swim Level 2
- This level is intended for children who have either completed LTS 1 or Preschool levels 1 and 2 and have now reached school age.
- The exit requirements for this level are similar to that in Preschool 3.
- As with LTS 1, the primary difference in classes is the age and applicable learning style of the child.
Cost: $50.00 (8 sessions) 25% discount for each additional child. Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted. Checks should be payable to Western Wisconsin Health. Payment is due upon registration.
Prior to class, please complete the Swimming Lesson Registration Form. Return this completed form with payment to the Western Wisconsin Health Fitness Center to secure class registration.
Family Open Swim will be available starting in January 2020 on Saturdays from 10 am- 12:00pm. $5 drop-in fee per person (children under the age of 3 are free)
For more information or to register, please call 715-684-1642 from 7:00 – 11:00 am or 3:00 – 7:00 pm or e-mail email@example.com. Private swimming lessons are available upon request.
The purpose of this class is to allow women who are pregnant to exercise while enjoying the added benefits of what a therapeutic aquatic environment can provide. Classes are designed to incorporate a combination of gentle stretching, aerobic exercise and strength training tailored to the needs of expectant mothers. This class is open to mothers in any stage of pregnancy. Permission from your healthcare provider is required.
The therapeutic pool at Western Wisconsin Health is heated to 90° and the surrounding air temperature is 88°. The depth of the pool is 3’8, increasing to 5’6. In addition, the pool has a bench for seated exercises and stretching.
Benefits of prenatal aquatic exercise
Continuing to exercise throughout pregnancy will help maintain cardiovascular fitness, combat fatigue and aid in adapting to the continual changes that occur during the months of pregnancy and beyond. It can also assist with relaxation/stress management and provides an environment in which to meet others in the same stage of life.
An aquatic environment is an excellent place for expectant mothers to exercise for a variety of reasons:
• The pressure of the water can help decrease edema.
• The buoyancy of water decreases the effects of gravity.
• This provides relief from the pressure/ pain experienced throughout
pregnancy, particularly in the lower back.
• It allows the opportunity for exercise without the higher impact which needs to be avoided, especially towards the end of pregnancy.
• Certain positions such as lying on your back should be avoided or can cause discomfort, but being in the water allows the mom-to-be a little more freedom in her exercise routine. Relieving this discomfort on a regular basis can help to keep pain under control and prevent muscles from becoming progressively tighter.
Class Information and Registration
Class times vary upon availability and interest. Coming soon… Spring 2020 session Fridays 12:00-12:45pm!
Please call 715-684-1646 for details and to register.
Prenatal Aquatics Participation Waiver must be completed by your medical provider prior to participation.
Aquatic Group Exercise Classes
Twinges in your Hinges
A supporting warm-water exercise program to ease joint discomforts, muscle aches and pains. This class is offered on an ongoing basis and is free for therapeutic pool members. The non-member drop-in rate is $7.00 per day.
An energizing, fun and effective way to burn calories and tone muscles. This class will offer an interval workout while moving through a variety of stations giving you a total-body workout followed by a 15-minute stretch and cool down. Open to all levels of fitness and swimming experience. Aqua Circuit is offered in 8-week sessions and costs $50 for members, $75 for non-members, $10 drop-in for both members and non-members. Space is limited. Please call 715-684-1642 to register.
Incorporating concepts of Tai Chi and Qigong, you are guided through a series of relaxation movements using a combination of deep breathing and slow broad movements of the arms, legs and torso. Enhance your range of motion, balance and mobility through Ai Chi. Ai Chi is offered in 8-week sessions and the cost is $25 for members; $37.50 for non-members. $10 drop-in for both members and non-members. Space is limited. Please call 715-684-1642 to register.
A water exercise program designed to increase flexibility, range-of-motion, cardio endurance, and overall physical condition. Beginning the class with gentle warm-ups and concluding with relaxing cool-downs for a complete full body workout. Aquacise is offered in 8-week sessions and the cost is $25 for members; $37.50 for non-members. $10 drop-in for both members and non-members. Space is limited. Please call 715-684-1642 to register.
Registration and liability materials will need to be completed and signed before participating.
Please visit our events calendar for more details on class offering dates and times.
Therapeutic Pool Amenities
The new therapeutic pool has many features to make working out easy.
- A private assisted changing room is available for those in need of dressing assistance with a caregiver such as those with special needs and families with young children.
- The Hoyer lift assists those who are unable to use the stairs to get in and out of the water.
- A depth of 5’6″ allows more participants to achieve full non-weight bearing status.
- Two propulsion jets can be used for resisted swimming and water running.
- The pool floor is cushioned, decreasing impact on joints and protecting the fragile skin of our diabetic and older clientele.
(Provided at no extra charge)
We provide lockers for all our members. Because the number of lockers are limited, they are available on a per visit basis only.
Showers are provided to all members.
You don’t have to carry that wet towel around in your gym bag. Towels are available to members of the pool and fitness center.
Therapeutic Water Massage
Therapeutic Water Massage is a one-on-one gentle form of Aquatic Bodywork provided in our warm water therapy pool. The receiver experiences stretches, waves, shiatsu massage, spinal articulation, traction and stillness. These types of movements performed in the water vary from person to person as each session is tailored to your individual needs.
Benefits of water massage may include:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Enhanced range of motion
- Improved circulation
Aquatic Bodywork can be used to help clients reduce pain and discomfort caused by tight muscles and hectic lifestyles. It can also support enhanced feelings of well-being as you relax and float through the soothing water. Water massage can be enjoyed by pregnant clients as well.
Cost: $35 for a 45 min Session. (Student rate now through October!)
Session Times vary upon availability but are typically scheduled early Tuesday and Thursday mornings and Thursday afternoons. Occasional weekend appointments available.
For more information or to schedule a Therapeutic Water Massage, please contact Emily at 715-684-1646 or email Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emily LaBadie, MS, CTRS, CPO