A Healthier You Is Just A Quick Dip Away
Our brand new therapeutic pool is now open!
Our Aquatic Therapy programs consist of a series of progressive physical movements which use the water’s buoyancy and resistance. These movements can be performed with or without aids according to the needs of the individual client.
- 89 to 91 Degree Water Temperature
- 3’6″ to 5’6″ pool depth
- Hoyer lift available
- Assisted changing room
- Two propulsion jets for resisted swimming and water running
- Cushioned pool floor
- Wonderful relaxed atmosphere
- Air Temperature controlled for comfort
- Supervised by caring, competent staff
Age 16 and above may utilize the space without any restrictions during open pool hours.
Age 12-15 must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian who is a Member during open hours only.
Open Pool Hours:
**Please note: Aquatic group exercise classes are periodically offered during regular therapeutic pool hours. Please check our events calendar or call 715-684-1646 to check pool availability.**
Therapeutic Pool Membership Fees keyboard_arrow_down
Electronic Fund Transfer Rate
This option allows you to pay automatically from a checking or savings account on the 15th of each month.
**Please note: You must provide a 30 day notice to stop payment. EFT is the only way to pay monthly.**
Adult (49 and under): $35
Senior (50+) and Students: $30
Double (2 people related,same household): $50
Family (3 or more, same household): $65
Out Of Pocket Rate
This option allows you to pay for the entire year in one installment.
Adult (49 and under): $29 ($348)
Senior (50+) and Students: $26 ($312)
Double (2 people related, same household): $45 ($540)
Family (3 or more, same household): $60 ($720)
**Please note: Use of the fitness center may be added to any therapeutic pool membership for an additional $15.00 per person, per month.**
$7: Day Pass/Guest Pass
$15: 24/7 Access Card
Insurance Reimbursement keyboard_arrow_down
If you have Blue Cross – Blue Shield of Minnesota, Medica, Health Partners, or UCare you may be eligible to receive a $20.00 reimbursement each month. We also accept Silver & Fit. Please present your health insurance card for confirmation.
Swimming Lessons keyboard_arrow_down
Western Wisconsin Health offers swimming lessons for toddler, preschool, and school age beginners. Lessons are available Tuesday and Thursday evenings, as well as Saturday mornings.
Parent and Child Level 1
- Goals are to learn to ask permission when entering/exiting the water and how to perform safely as well as increasing comfort level in the water.
- Minimum age is 6 months.
Parent and Child Level 2
- Builds on Level 1 skills and begins to address comfort with movements that are a precursor for stroke development.
Preschool Level 1 Exit skills:
- Enter independently, travel 5 yds, submerge mouth and blow bubbles for 3 seconds, and safely exit the water.
- All skills can be performed with support.
- Minimum age of 3
Preschool Level 2 Exit skills:
- Front glide 2 body lengths, roll to back, float 5 sec, recover to standing.
- Back glide 2 body lengths, roll to front, float 5 sec, recover to standing.
- Swim using arms and legs on front 3 body lengths, roll to back, float 5 sec, roll to front and continue swimming on front 3 body lengths.
- All skills can be performed with support.
- Minimum age of 3
Preschool Level 3 Exit skills:
- Step from side to chest deep water, move to front float for 5 sec, move to back, float for 5 sec, return to standing.
- Move to back float for 5 sec, roll to front and recover to standing.
- Push off and swim using arms and legs on front for 5 body lengths, roll to back, float for 5 sec, return to standing.
- Move to back float for 5 sec., roll to front and continue swimming for 5 body lengths.
- Minimum age of 3
Learn to Swim Level 1:
- This level is for children 5 and older who are beginning lessons.
- The skills learned are similar to a combination of those in Preschool levels 1 and 2; however the style of teaching will be more directed toward the learning capabilities of an older child.
Learn to Swim Level 2
- This level is intended for children who have either completed LTS 1 or Preschool levels 1 and 2 and have now reached school age.
- The exit requirements for this level are similar to that in Preschool 3.
- As with LTS 1, the primary difference in classes is the age and applicable learning style of the child.
Cost: $50.00 (8 sessions) 25% discount for each additional child. Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted. Checks should be payable to Western Wisconsin Health. Payment is due upon registration.
Prior to class, please complete the Swimming Lesson Registration Form. Return this completed form with payment to the Western Wisconsin Health Fitness Center to secure class registration.
For more information or to register, please call 715-684-1642 from 7:00 – 11:00 am or 3:00 – 7:00 pm or e-mail email@example.com. Private swimming lessons are available upon request.
Prenatal Aquatics keyboard_arrow_down
The purpose of this class is to allow women who are pregnant to exercise while enjoying the added benefits of what a therapeutic aquatic environment can provide. Classes are designed to incorporate a combination of gentle stretching, aerobic exercise and strength training tailored to the needs of expectant mothers. This class is open to mothers in any stage of pregnancy. Permission from your healthcare provider is required.
The therapeutic pool at Western Wisconsin Health is heated to 89° and the surrounding air temperature is 92°. The depth of the pool is 3’8, increasing to 4’8. In addition, the pool has a bench along two sides for seated exercises and stretching.
Benefits of prenatal aquatic exercise
Continuing to exercise throughout pregnancy will help maintain cardiovascular fitness, combat fatigue and aid in adapting to the continual changes that occur during the months of pregnancy and beyond. It can also assist with relaxation/stress management and provides an environment in which to meet others in the same stage of life.
An aquatic environment is an excellent place for expectant mothers to exercise for a variety of reasons:
• The pressure of the water can help decrease edema.
• The buoyancy of water decreases the effects of gravity.
• This provides relief from the pressure/ pain experienced throughout
pregnancy, particularly in the lower back.
• It allows the opportunity for exercise without the higher impact which needs to be avoided, especially towards the end of pregnancy.
• Certain positions such as lying on your back should be avoided or can cause discomfort, but being in the water allows the mom-to-be a little more freedom in her exercise routine. Relieving this discomfort on a regular basis can help to keep pain under control and prevent muscles from becoming progressively tighter.
Class Information and Registration
Prenatal Aquatics classes are available by appointment only.
Please call 715-684-1646 for details and to register.
Prenatal Aquatics Participation Waiver must be completed by your medical provider prior to participation.
Aquatic Group Exercise Classes keyboard_arrow_down
Twinges in your Hinges
A supporting warm-water exercise program to ease joint discomforts, muscle aches and pains. This class is offered on an ongoing basis and is free for therapeutic pool members. The non-member drop-in rate is $7.00 per day.
An energizing, fun and effective way to burn calories and tone muscles. This class will offer an interval workout while moving through a variety of stations giving you a total-body workout followed by a 15-minute stretch and cool down. Open to all levels of fitness and swimming experience. Aqua Circuit is offered in 6-week sessions and costs $30 for members, $50 for non-members, $10 drop-in for both members and non-members. Space is limited. Please call 715-684-1642 to register.
Get active and fit with Aqua Yoga! This is a low-impact class where participants take yoga poses off the mat and into the water. The poses performed in the warm water (90 degrees) help you to develop whole-body strength, static balance, and an increased range of motion. Aqua Yoga is offered in 6-week sessions and costs $30 for members, $50 for non-members, $10 drop-in for both members and non-members. Please call 715-684-1642 to register.
Registration and liability materials will need to be completed and signed before participating.
Please visit our events calendar for more details on class offering dates and times.
Independent Sessions keyboard_arrow_down
Workout at your own pace. Bring your own exercise program or ask for one to be developed just for you.
Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Times: 8:00 – 9:30 am | 10:30 – Close
Need to come at another time? No problem! Please check with the aquatic staff, we will try to accommodate you.
Therapeutic Pool Amenities keyboard_arrow_down
The new therapeutic pool has many features to make working out easy.
- A private assisted changing room is available for those in need of dressing assistance with a caregiver such as those with special needs and families with young children.
- The Hoyer lift assists those who are unable to use the stairs to get in and out of the water.
- A depth of 5’6″ allows more participants to achieve full non-weight bearing status.
- Two propulsion jets can be used for resisted swimming and water running.
- The pool floor is cushioned, decreasing impact on joints and protecting the fragile skin of our diabetic and older clientele.
(Provided at no extra charge)
We provide lockers for all our members. Because the number of lockers are limited, they are available on a per visit basis only. Locks and keys are provided.
Showers are provided to all members.
You don’t have to carry that wet towel around in your gym bag. Towels are available to members of the pool and fitness center.