Unfortunately we have come to the difficult decision of temporarily closing our Fitness Center and Therapeutic Pool. The Playroom will also remain closed. We feel the COVID-19 pandemic is out of control in the State of Wisconsin, and local area. Action must be taken to contain the spread of the virus.
- We will notify members when we feel it is safe to reopen the facility.
- Recurring EFT membership payments will not be charged during this time.
- If you purchased a year membership we plan to extend your membership to reflect the total time of our closure.
We apologize for this inconvenience and hope you stay well. Stay tuned for ongoing virtual and outdoor fitness options that will be made available starting next week.
For future updates we plan to communicate via email, Facebook, and our Webpage.
If you have any questions please call 715-684-1111 or email Natasha.Ward@wwhealth.org.
Thank you for your understanding and hopefully we will see you soon!
Our Aquatic Therapy programs consist of a series of progressive physical movements which use the water’s buoyancy and resistance. These movements can be performed with or without aids according to the needs of the individual client.
- 89 to 91 Degree Water Temperature
- 3’6″ to 5’6″ pool depth
- Hoyer lift available
- Assisted changing room
- Two propulsion jets for resisted swimming and water running
- Cushioned pool floor
- Wonderful relaxed atmosphere
- Air Temperature controlled for comfort
- Supervised by caring, competent staff
Age 16 and above may utilize the space without any restrictions during open pool hours.
Age 12-15 must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian who is a Member during open hours only.
**Please note: Aquatic group exercise classes are periodically offered during regular therapeutic pool hours. Please check our events calendar or call 715-684-1646 to check pool availability.**
Therapeutic Pool Membership Fees
Electronic Fund Transfer Rate
This option allows you to pay automatically from a checking or savings account on the 15th of each month.
**Please note: You must provide a 30 day notice to stop payment. EFT is the only way to pay monthly.**
Adult (49 and under): $35
Senior (50+) and Students: $30
Double (2 people related,same household): $50
Family (3 or more, same household): $65
Out Of Pocket Rate
This option allows you to pay for the entire year in one installment.
Adult (49 and under): $29 ($348)
Senior (50+) and Students: $26 ($312)
Double (2 people related, same household): $45 ($540)
Family (3 or more, same household): $60 ($720)
**Please note: Use of the fitness center may be added to any therapeutic pool membership for an additional $15.00 per person, per month.**
$7: Day Pass/Guest Pass
$20: 24/7 Access Card
Frequent Fitness Insurance Programs
Insurance pays member up to $20 per month if they reach a predetermined number of monthly visits.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Minnesota Laborers Health and Welfare Fund Fitness Program
- Farm and Fleet
- Health Partners
- Preferred One
- Several other specialty insurance companies
Silver + Fit and Active + Fit – Free for the member (only need to pay a one-time fee for an access card)
Silver Sneakers – Free for the member (only need to pay a one-time fee for an access card)
Prime – Free for the member (only need to pay a one-time fee for an access card)
- Renew Active – Free for the member (only need to pay a one-time fee for an access card)
PLEASE NOTE: Swimming lessons are on hold until further notice due to COVID-19 and staffing. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Western Wisconsin Health offers swimming lessons for toddler, preschool, and school age beginners. Lessons are available Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Private lessons available every other Saturday afternoon upon request.
Parent and Child
- Goals are to learn to ask permission when entering/exiting the water and how to perform safely as well as increasing comfort level in the water.
- Introducing movements that are a precursor for stroke development while having fun and being comfortable in the water.
- Minimum age is 6 months.
Preschool Level 1 Exit skills:
- Enter independently, travel 5 yds, submerge mouth and blow bubbles for 3 seconds, and safely exit the water.
- All skills can be performed with support.
- Minimum age of 3
Preschool Level 2 Exit skills:
- Front glide 2 body lengths, roll to back, float 5 sec, recover to standing.
- Back glide 2 body lengths, roll to front, float 5 sec, recover to standing.
- Swim using arms and legs on front 3 body lengths, roll to back, float 5 sec, roll to front and continue swimming on front 3 body lengths.
- All skills can be performed with support.
- Minimum age of 3
Learn to Swim Level 1:
- This level is for children 5 and older who are beginning lessons.
- The skills learned are similar to a combination of those in Preschool levels 1 and 2; however the style of teaching will be more directed toward the learning capabilities of an older child.
Learn to Swim Level 2
- This level is intended for children who have either completed LTS 1 or Preschool levels 1 and 2 and have now reached school age.
- The exit requirements for this level are similar to that in Preschool 3.
- As with LTS 1, the primary difference in classes is the age and applicable learning style of the child.
Cost: $50.00 (8 sessions) 25% discount for each additional child. Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted. Checks should be payable to Western Wisconsin Health. Payment is due upon registration.
Prior to class, please complete the Swimming Lesson Registration Form. Return this completed form with payment to the Western Wisconsin Health Fitness Center to secure class registration.
For more information or to register, please call 715-684-1642 from 7:00 – 11:00 am or 3:00 – 7:00 pm. Private swimming lessons are available upon request.
PLEASE NOTE: Prenatal classes are on hold until further notice due to COVID-19 and staffing. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
The purpose of this class is to allow women who are pregnant to exercise while enjoying the added benefits of what a therapeutic aquatic environment can provide. Classes are designed to incorporate a combination of gentle stretching, aerobic exercise and strength training tailored to the needs of expectant mothers. This class is open to mothers in any stage of pregnancy. Permission from your healthcare provider is required.
The therapeutic pool at Western Wisconsin Health is heated to 90° and the surrounding air temperature is 88°. The depth of the pool is 3’8, increasing to 5’6. In addition, the pool has a bench for seated exercises and stretching.
Benefits of prenatal aquatic exercise
Continuing to exercise throughout pregnancy will help maintain cardiovascular fitness, combat fatigue and aid in adapting to the continual changes that occur during the months of pregnancy and beyond. It can also assist with relaxation/stress management and provides an environment in which to meet others in the same stage of life.
An aquatic environment is an excellent place for expectant mothers to exercise for a variety of reasons:
• The pressure of the water can help decrease edema.
• The buoyancy of water decreases the effects of gravity.
• This provides relief from the pressure/ pain experienced throughout
pregnancy, particularly in the lower back.
• It allows the opportunity for exercise without the higher impact which needs to be avoided, especially towards the end of pregnancy.
• Certain positions such as lying on your back should be avoided or can cause discomfort, but being in the water allows the mom-to-be a little more freedom in her exercise routine. Relieving this discomfort on a regular basis can help to keep pain under control and prevent muscles from becoming progressively tighter.
Class Information and Registration
Class times vary upon availability and interest.
Prenatal Aquatics Participation Waiver must be completed by your medical provider prior to participation.
Aquatic Group Exercise Classes
PLEASE NOTE: Classes are on hold until further notice due to COVID-19 and staffing. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
An energizing, fun and effective way to burn calories and tone muscles. This class will offer an interval workout while moving through a variety of stations giving you a total-body workout followed by a 15-minute stretch and cool down. Open to all levels of fitness and swimming experience. Aqua Circuit is offered in 8-week sessions and costs $50 for members, $75 for non-members, $10 drop-in for both members and non-members. Space is limited. Please call 715-684-1642 to register.
Incorporating concepts of Tai Chi and Qigong, you are guided through a series of relaxation movements using a combination of deep breathing and slow broad movements of the arms, legs and torso. Enhance your range of motion, balance and mobility through Ai Chi. Ai Chi is offered in 8-week sessions and the cost is $25 for members; $37.50 for non-members. $10 drop-in for both members and non-members. Space is limited. Please call 715-684-1642 to register.
A water exercise program designed to increase flexibility, range-of-motion, cardio endurance, and overall physical condition. Beginning the class with gentle warm-ups and concluding with relaxing cool-downs for a complete full body workout. Aquacise is offered in 8-week sessions and the cost is $25 for members; $37.50 for non-members. $10 drop-in for both members and non-members. Space is limited. Please call 715-684-1642 to register.
Registration and liability materials will need to be completed and signed before participating.
Please visit our events calendar for more details on class offering dates and times.
Therapeutic Pool Amenities
The new therapeutic pool has many features to make working out easy.
- A private assisted changing room is available for those in need of dressing assistance with a caregiver such as those with special needs and families with young children.
- The Hoyer lift assists those who are unable to use the stairs to get in and out of the water.
- A depth of 5’6″ allows more participants to achieve full non-weight bearing status.
- Two propulsion jets can be used for resisted swimming and water running.
- The pool floor is cushioned, decreasing impact on joints and protecting the fragile skin of our diabetic and older clientele.
(Provided at no extra charge)
We provide lockers for all our members. Because the number of lockers are limited, they are available on a per visit basis only.
Showers are provided to all members.
You don’t have to carry that wet towel around in your gym bag. Towels are available to members of the pool and fitness center.
Therapeutic Water Massage
PLEASE NOTE: This service is on hold until further notice due to COVID-19 and staffing. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Therapeutic Water Massage is a one-on-one gentle form of Aquatic Bodywork provided in our warm water therapy pool. The receiver experiences stretches, waves, shiatsu massage, spinal articulation, traction and stillness. These types of movements performed in the water vary from person to person as each session is tailored to your individual needs.
Benefits of water massage may include:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Enhanced range of motion
- Improved circulation
Aquatic Bodywork can be used to help clients reduce pain and discomfort caused by tight muscles and hectic lifestyles. It can also support enhanced feelings of well-being as you relax and float through the soothing water. Water massage can be enjoyed by pregnant clients as well.
Cost: $35 for a 45 min Session.
Session Times vary upon availability but are typically scheduled early Tuesday and Thursday mornings and Thursday afternoons. Occasional weekend appointments available.