We currently partner with Winmar Diagnostic, Inc. for our sleep studies. Winmar will work closely with you and your provider to ensure that you will receive the diagnostic and therapeutic evaluations necessary for treatment of sleep disorders.
Diagnosis of a sleep disorder begins with a conversation between you and your provider. Your provider may order a sleep study if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Sudden awakening at night with a choking feeling or gasping for breath
- Loud snoring
- Arms or legs flailing during sleep
- Frequently waking up with a headache and/or groggy feeling
- Falling asleep while driving, at work, or in a social setting
- Feeling drowsy during the day even after a full night’s sleep
- Chronic exhaustion and personality changes such as depression or
Sleep apnea is a common condition that may relate with these symptoms. People with sleep apnea actually stop breathing for a few seconds to over a minute at a time while they are asleep. Sleep apnea has been linked to issues such as heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, weight gain, and depression.
Upon receiving a referral from your provider, a sleep study will be arranged on a night that is convenient for you. Following your test, your provider will determine the best method of treatment which can include behavioral therapy, weight loss, the application of continuous positive airway pressure during sleep, use of medications or in some cases surgery.