From a small, community hospital to a world-class healthcare facility, see how Western Wisconsin Health has evolved throughout the years to provide better care and more personalized support for all of our patients.
A $20,000 donation was given to the village of Baldwin by Anton Bergslien to build a community hospital.
December 19, 1936
A Grand Opening celebration took place for the Baldwin Community Hospital.
Dr. Kunny started a clinic in downtown Baldwin.
The first major expansion to Baldwin Community Hospital. The expansion added 17 hospital beds and X-Ray services.
Clinic was constructed at the corner of Curtis Street and Highway 63.
The second major expansion which included an extensive remodel of the hospital including new dietary facilities, new nursing services, heating plant, remodeled obstetrical department and laboratories.
The third major remodel was adding a new surgical facility after the Wisconsin Department of Health determined the surgical facilities inadequate.
Baldwin Hospital was named “Top 100 Hospital” in the nation.
The fourth major renovation included a new emergency department, ambulance entrance, business office, waiting room and the addition of the physical therapy and cardiac rehab rooms.
Baldwin Hospital was named “Top 100” Hospital in the nation a second time.
Baldwin Hospital integrated with Baldwin Clinic and formed Baldwin Area Medical Center.
The fifth major renovation included a new 32-exam room clinic, new OB wing, fitness center, therapeutic pool and renovations to Radiology.
Baldwin Area Medical Center opened Roberts Medical Clinic.
Joined with Northwest Counseling Services
Opened new facility and rebranded as Western Wisconsin Health.
New Fitness Center and Therapeutic Pool opened.
Roberts Clinic expanded and added additional services.
Community Garden opened for staff and the public.
Began offering robotic-assisted surgery.
Planted a Cancer Center Healing Garden and began working on Community Trails connecting our campus to Wintergreen Park.
Completed construction on the Drive-under Canopy at the front entrance and Ambulance Garage.